Tottenham handed fresh Lautaro Martinez transfer boost as Fabio Paratici looks to secure deal



Tottenham Hotspur are said to be ‘progressing’ in negotiations to sign Lautaro Martinez from Inter Milan this month.

Spurs, who managed to beat defending Premier League champions Manchester City 1-0 at the Tottenham Hotspur Stadium on Sunday afternoon, are interested in signing the Argentina international.

football.londonreported earlier this month that Tottenham agreed a fee, believed to be over €60million (£51million), with Inter for Martinez.

However, due to Inter selling Romelu Lukaku, another of their star forwards, to Chelsea, the deal to sell Martinez became much more complicated, with the Italian champions understandably reluctant to lose both in such a short space of time.

But, it appears Spurs have made some progress in their attempts to bring the Inter attacker to north London this month.

According to a report from The Times, talks over a deal to sign Martinez are ‘progressing’, as Fabio Paratici looks to complete a fourth summer signing following the arrivals of Bryan Gil, Pierluigi Gollini and Cristian Romero.

Martinez, who has also been linked with a move to Arsenal and Barcelona this summer, said earlier in the summer that a move away from Inter is feasible.

The 23-year-old name-checked Barca as a “concrete possibility”, and spoke about interest from elsewhere in Europe.

The transfer window is in full swing and big moves are happening at the Tottenham Hotspur Stadium, so we want to keep you in the know and hear your thoughts and reactions.

By signing up to our Spurs newsletter you’ll be able to receive the latest Spurs news and rumours all in one place, as well as exclusive articles and insight from club writers Alasdair Gold and Rob Guest, all for free!

And, if you want to take part in the debate in the comments, or get your questions answered in the frequent Q&As with Alasdair and Rob, be sure to create an account to join the discussion.

“Barcelona? Yes, it is true, it was a concrete possibility,” the Argentine said in an interview back in May with El Libero.

“But we ended the season late, and there were also the COVID problems so I decided to stay. I’m telling you, thankfully! It was the right decision!

“Atletico Madrid and Borussia Dortmund wanted me, but one day I spoke with Ausilio, Zanetti and Milito.

“I understood that Milano was the perfect solution for me, the right city in the right moment. And I didn’t make a mistake, I liked everything from the first day, the club, the fans.”





Source link